“My clients view me as their trusted business advisor. My goal is to help them succeed and excel at what they do; communicating with them on a regular basis and advising them on business strategies that ensure they are compliant with applicable tax laws and regulations.”
Jon began his career in public accounting in 2004 and served as a tax manager at a big four, international firm, and as a senior tax manager for a regional firm where he managed a substantial government contractor client base before joining LSWG in 2014.
A specialist in individual, partnership, corporate, and multi-state taxation, he has served on an international tax rotation in Munich, Germany, and spent two years as a national tax instructor. Jon is a magna cum laude graduate of the Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University, where he earned a B.S. in accounting in 2003, and an M.S. in accounting and information systems in 2004.
Specialized Client Services:
Business consulting, to include:
- Tax planning & preparation
- Selection of business entity
- Mergers, acquisitions, reorganizations, liquidations
- Individual Tax Planning and Preparation
Professional/Civic Memberships and Activities:
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Maryland Association of Certified Public Accountants
- Frederick Area Committee for Transportation – Treasurer
- Frederick Community College Foundation – Board of Directors
- Mt. Airy Volunteer Fire Company