Getting to Know LSWG – Jon C. Holmes, CPA
Next in our series to better acquaint you with our fellow LSWG co-workers and friends…
Meet Jon C. Holmes, CPA…
Jon joined LSWG in 2014 as a tax manager and was admitted to LSWG’s principal group in early 2017. A CPA licensed in Maryland and Virginia, Jon specializes in closely-held businesses, individuals, partnerships, and multi-state taxation.
Jon and his wife, Maureen, are new parents having just welcomed their little tax deduction, Morgan Elizabeth, into the world in time for Christmas last year. More about Jon…
- Would rather be outdoors. Jon likes to travel and spend time outdoors at the farm or hiking.
- The farm? Jon and Maureen recently bought a 124-acre farm near New Windsor—complete with smokehouse, working spring house, barns …and a cemetery.
- And hiking? Jon has hiked many of the national parks and taken on some challenging trails and climbs (including Angel’s Landing in Zion National Park, Clingman’s Dome in Yosemite, and Mt. Whitney—the tallest mountain in the lower 48).
- He can also run. In his late 20’s, Jon set his mind on running a half-marathon. He trained for six months and finished in the top 1% at the Nashville Half-Marathon (1:32:32—a 7:04 minute/mile pace!)
- Mt. Airy roots – Jon is originally from Mt. Airy (a Linganore High School graduate). While in high school he was a volunteer fireman and EMT.
- 50 Airports – Jon’s bucket list includes visiting all 50 states and all 7 continents. He’s got a pretty good start, having flown to over 50 different airports throughout the U.S., Europe, and Oceania.