Join LSWG, mid-Maryland’s premier tax, audit, accounting, and consulting firm, as a highly motivated and talented Senior Account/Supervisor in our Audit Department!
At LSWG, we are dedicated to providing quality and proactive accounting, audit, tax planning and preparation, financial and business advisory services to our clients.
Our core values include:
- Client Value: We prioritize delivering services and results that are valued above our fees, helping our clients achieve their goals.
- Team Collaboration: We function as an organized team, harnessing the collective expertise and experience of our staff to address the specific needs of each client.
- Long-Lasting Relationships: We cultivate and nurture mutually rewarding relationships with our clients, fostering trust and loyalty.
- Employee Growth and Balance: We maintain a culture that promotes personal growth, professional development, and life balance. Our flexible management style and educational assistance support your well-being and career advancement.
- Community Commitment: We proudly serve and support the community that forms the foundation of our firm.
We value the importance of work-life balance and offer a comprehensive benefits package that supports the following:
- Flexible work schedules to accommodate personal needs and obligations.
- Competitive salaries that recognize your talent and contributions.
- Opportunities for advancement, empowering you to grow within the firm.
- Holidays and paid time off to relax and recharge.
- 401(k) salary savings plan with generous employer contributions.
- Health, life, and disability insurance coverage to safeguard your well-being.
- Section 125 Plan, including medical and dependent care reimbursement accounts.
- Paid continuing education to expand your knowledge and stay ahead in your field.
- Reimbursement for professional dues and licenses.
- Tuition reimbursement to support your educational pursuits.
LSWG is deeply committed to the community we serve and actively encourages our employees to engage in volunteering initiatives.
We foster a professional yet flexible workplace culture that provides unlimited room for growth through ongoing professional training.
As a member of our team, you will benefit from:
- Mentoring to guide and support your growth.
- Educational assistance reimbursement allowance to invest in your ongoing education.
- A minimum of 40 hours of paid continuing education annually for each accountant.
- Additional paid time off for accounting staff working towards their CPA certification.
- Paid registration costs for the CPA exam.
- Coverage of professional dues, licenses, and memberships in organizations such as MACPA and civil organizations.
Embracing cutting-edge technology, we equip our team with the tools they need to excel. We utilize Microsoft 365 and other industry-specific software and applications, including CCH Axcess™, CCH Prosystem fx® Engagement, QuickBooks®, Sage Accounting, and more. These technologies facilitate seamless collaboration, exceptional client service, and offer flexible work options, including remote work opportunities.
The Senior Accountant/Audit Supervisor is a critical position within our audit department, offering significant growth potential that leads to specialization and career advancement.
We are seeking a candidate with a solid technical knowledge of accounting and auditing standards, strong critical thinking skills, and the ability to work independently with minimal assistance, making informed decisions on all but the most exceptional matters.
The ideal candidate with demonstrate excellence in financial statements and internal control audits. CPA certification is preferred, and experience with CCH Engagement® and Axcess® is a plus.
Essential functions of the Senior Accountant/Audit Supervisor include:
- Participate in the planning, scheduling, staffing of audit and assurance engagements.
- Actively engage in the performance of the engagements, and may serve as the lead for certain engagements.
- Conduct research on technical accounting matters and collaborate with partners to implement standards.
- Demonstrate proficiency in technical skills, ensuring work quality and adherence to professional and firm standards.
- Manage multiple engagements concurrently, ensuring time constraints and client deadlines are consistently met.
- Maintain strong client relationships, ensuring client satisfaction throughout engagements.
- Direct and provide instructions to staff accountants, overseeing their work and providing valuable feedback.
- Train and evaluate staff accountants, supporting their professional growth and development.
- Actively cultivate potential client resources and contribute to firm promotion.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting.
- Active and valid Certified Public Accountant (CPA) license (required for the supervisor position).
- Possesses three or more years of experience in public accounting, specializing in audit and assurance engagements.
- Demonstrates excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Works independently with strong attention to detail.
- Upholds high ethical standards in all professional interactions.
- Shows a desire to grow within LSWG, aiming for a partner role.
- Brings enthusiasm to contribute socially within a vibrant team environment.
- Experience with CCH Axcess® and Engagement® is a plus.
Join LSWG and become part of a team that values your expertise, supports your growth, and provides a vibrant work environment.
LSWG is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive and diverse workplace. We encourage applications from individuals of all backgrounds and experiences.