“Businesses and individuals rely on me to structure their comprehensive financial picture. I help clients who want to design tax, business and pension plans that will work to their advantage now and in the future.”
Kevin joined LSWG in 1982. He specializes in tax planning for professionals and owner-managed businesses, with a particular emphasis in the real estate industry — serving as both an advisor and an investor. He regularly attends national and regional real estate conferences where he is an active contributor to industry roundtable discussions.
Kevin is a graduate of West Virginia University, where he earned a B.S. degree in business administration in 1978.
Specialized Client Services
- Small business consulting, to include:
- Tax planning & preparation
- Selection of business entity
- Mergers, acquisitions, reorganizations, liquidations
- Buy-sell agreements
- Retirement and deferred compensation plans
- Personal Financial Planning
- Individual Tax Planning and Preparation
- Real Estate Consulting, to include:
- Tax-free exchanges
- Tax planning for real estate purchase and sale transactions
- Real estate ownership entity planning and structure
- Work out arrangements for distressed real estate
Professional/Civic Memberships and Activities
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Maryland Association of Certified Public Accountants; Past-President of Mid-Maryland Chapter
- INPACT Global – Chairman
- Community Foundation of Frederick County – Trustee & Investment Committee member
- YMCA Endowment Committee
Previous board memberships include Frederick Festival of the Arts, where he served as treasurer, Downtown Frederick Partnership, where he also served as treasurer, and Counseling Services, Inc., Mental Health Association of Frederick County. In addition, Kevin is a graduate of Leadership Frederick County and has participated in Toastmasters, Williamsport Rotary Club, and the Dale Carnegie Human Relations Course where he served as a graduate assistant.