Getting to Know LSWG – Brian Rippeon, CPA
Next in our series to better acquaint you with our fellow LSWG co-workers and friends…
Meet Brian Rippeon, CPA…
Brian joined LSWG’s Frederick tax department in 2005 as a tax manager after working 19 years with a regional and then national firm. In 2007 he was admitted to the firm’s principal group. Specializing in all areas of taxation for closely-held businesses, their shareholders, and individuals, Brian has over 30 years of experience in public accounting.
Brian is a Frederick County native—a graduate of Walkersville High School and Mount St. Mary’s University. He is the fount of all trivia knowledge at LSWG—especially when it comes to baseball…
- Baseball? Brian played baseball growing up and at Walkersville High School where he pitched, played shortstop and second base. These days, he doesn’t play baseball, but coached Little League for ten years (ages 8 through 13) and still regularly attends the Little League World Series in Williamsport, PA.
- #1 Hobby – Watching and talking baseball. Brian and his wife, Robin, have set a goal of attending baseball games in all current major league ballparks. They have just two ballparks remaining (Arizona and Minnesota).
- Favorite movie – “It’s a Wonderful Life”
- Favorite quote (…is from his favorite movie): “Another Red Letter day for the Baileys!” – George Bailey
- About that trivia knowledge… Many of us here at LSWG suspect that Brian may be gifted with the ability of “superior autobiographical memory.” (Look it up.)