Operating Through the COVID-19 Pandemic at LSWG
Like everyone in the country—and the entire world—LSWG is closely monitoring the COVID-19 pandemic as it evolves. In our efforts to protect the well-being of our staff and clients—and do what we can to mitigate the spread of this virus—we have implemented procedures and practices aligned with the State of Maryland Roadmap to Recovery.
- We are maintaining “social distancing” by allowing individuals to remain in private offices/spaces.
- We are routinely cleaning and disinfecting ‘high touch surfaces.’
- Our technological capabilities have enabled us to continue operations with many staff members working remotely.
- We recommend that clients mail, transmit electronically via our portal, or drop their information in the night drop box (as appropriate).
- Completed tax returns and client data are being sent securely via mail (FedEx, UPS, USPS).
- CLIENT MEETINGS:
- Client meetings are by appointment only — and only in our Frederick office. Meetings will be held in only one dedicated conference room.
- Please do not arrive early for your appointment. When you arrive, we will escort you directly to the conference room. Meetings will not be held in individual offices.
- You should cancel and reschedule your appointment if you, or someone in your household, has a fever or has been ill or around anyone ill during the 14 days prior to your meeting.
- Prior to your arrival, LSWG will clean and wipe down the meeting room with disinfectant.
- LSWG will have hand sanitizer available for your use.
- Clients should wear a mask to enter LSWG’s office and while in the common area. They have the option of removing their mask once they are in the conference room.
- While LSWG does not require staff wear masks while working in the office, clients may request that whomever they are meeting wear a mask.
- After you leave, LSWG will wipe down the meeting room with disinfectant.
We are closely monitoring developments from the IRS, the Treasury Department and the State of Maryland and will continue to update clients and friends on our blog or via email.