Operating Through the COVID-19 Pandemic at LSWG
Like everyone in the country—and the entire world—LSWG is closely monitoring the COVID-19 pandemic as it evolves. In our efforts to protect the well-being of our staff and clients—and do what we can to mitigate the spread of this virus—we have implemented the following:
- Effective Tuesday, March 17, 2020, LSWG’s offices in Frederick and Rockville were closed to clients and visitors, and will remain closed until further notice.
- LSWG technological capabilities have enabled us to continue operations with many staff members working remotely. Your phone calls and emails will be answered.
- Client appointments have been cancelled, rescheduled, or conducted by phone.
- Clients are directed to mail, transmit electronically via our portal, or drop their information in the night drop box (as appropriate).
- Completed tax returns and client data will be sent securely via mail (FedEx, UPS, USPS).
- Approved returns will continue to be e-filed (as we have done in the past).
- LSWG staff are encouraged to reschedule or cancel on-site visits for fieldwork.
- Although the tax filing deadline has been changed to July 15, 2020, we are encouraging clients to stay-the-course and get tax information in to us as soon as they are able.
- We continue to be focused on getting the work done—completing work that is already in the door and doing our utmost to meet client expectations and filing by April 15—especially for those expecting a refund.
- We are closely monitoring developments from the IRS, the Treasury Department and the State of Maryland and will continue to update clients and friends on our blog or via email.