Join LSWG, mid-Maryland’s premier tax, audit, accounting, and consulting firm, as a highly motivated and talented Tax Manager. This position offers an exciting partner-track opportunity for the right individual.
At LSWG, we are dedicated to providing quality and proactive accounting, audit, tax planning and preparation, financial and business advisory services to our clients.
Our core values include:
- Client Value: We prioritize delivering services and results that are valued above our fees, helping our clients achieve their goals.
- Team Collaboration: We function as an organized team, harnessing the collective expertise and experience of our staff to address the specific needs of each client.
- Long-Lasting Relationships: We cultivate and nurture mutually rewarding relationships with our clients, fostering trust and loyalty.
- Employee Growth and Balance: We maintain a culture that promotes personal growth, professional development, and life balance. Our flexible management style and educational assistance support your well-being and career advancement.
- Community Commitment: We proudly serve and support the community that forms the foundation of our firm.
We value the importance of work-life balance and offer a comprehensive benefits package that supports the following:
- Flexible work schedules to accommodate personal needs and obligations.
- Competitive salaries that recognize your talents and contributions.
- Opportunities for advancement, empowering you to grow within the firm.
- Holidays and paid time off to relax and recharge.
- 401(K) salary savings plan with generous employer contributions.
- Health, life, and disability insurance coverage to safeguard your well-being.
- Section 125 Plan, including medical and dependent care reimbursement accounts.
- Paid continuing education to expand your knowledge and stay ahead in your field.
- Reimbursement for professional dues and licenses.
- Tuition reimbursement to support your educational pursuits.
LSWG is deeply committed to the community we serve and actively encourages our employees to engage in volunteering initiatives.
We foster a professional yet proactive workplace culture that provides unlimited room for growth through ongoing professional training.
As a member of our team, you will benefit from:
- Mentoring to guide and support your growth.
- Educational assistance reimbursement allowance to invest in your ongoing education.
- A minimum of 40 hours of paid continuing education annually for each accountant.
- Additional paid time off for accounting staff working towards their CPA certificiation.
- Paid registration costs for the CPA exam.
- Coverage of professional dues, licenses, and memberships in organizations such as MACPA and civic organizations.
Embracing cutting-edge technology, we equip our team with the tools they need to excel. We utilize Microsoft 365 and other industry-specific software and applications, including CCH Axcess, CCH Prosystem fx Engagement, QuickBooks, Sage Accounting, and more. These technologies facilitate seamless collaboration, exceptional client service, and offer flexible work options, including remote work opportunities.
As a Tax Manager, you will be the vital link between the principal, our valued clients, and our professional staff. You will manage multiple tax and accounting projects and client engagements, while also overseeing scheduling, staffing, and coordinating workflow. Your leadership and mentoring skills will be essential in developing and training our staff and building lasting relationships to drive new businesses for the firm.
- Lead and manage all phases of tax and compliance engagements.
- Ensure tax returns and planning projections adhere to professional standards.
- Maintain regular contact with clients, building comprehensive knowledge of their businesses.
- Plan, schedule, and staff engagements following firm policies and procedures.
- Familiarize yourself with the qualifications of staff members, reviewing assignments for appropriateness.
- Adhere to engagement time budgets and proactively anticipate and address potential issues.
- Supervise staff, provide on-the-job training, and review work papers, tax returns, correspondence, and reports.
- Keep the principal informed of important developments, analyzing problems and offering solutions.
- Communicate engagement process, challenges, and resolutions to clients.
- Assist with performance appraisals, contributing to the development of responsible, trained staff.
- Stay updated on general economic trends, political factors, and relevant legislation.
- Actively participate in firm marketing and business development activities.
- Contribute to recruiting efforts, develop training aids, and act as an instructor in professional development programs.
- Prepare reports and projects as requested by principals.
- Perform any other duties assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting.
- A minimum of five years of public accounting experience, showcasing increasing complexity, scope, and a number of managed engagements.
- Completion of a minimum of 40 hours of continuing professional education annually to enhance technical and business skills.
- Detail-oriented and well-organized, with excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to manage multiple concurrent projects efficiently.
- Active participation in career development programs focusing on managerial, communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Proven track record of bringing in new business to a CPA firm.
- Current and valid certified public accountant’s license.
- Good standing membership with the MACPA or another state society.
- Proficiency in computer operations, accounting software, and tax software programs.
- Occasional local travel to client offices, meetings, and seminars using personal vehicle.
- Infrequent out-of-town travel with overnight stays for client visits, meetings, or seminars using personal vehicle.
- Overtime work required throughout the year, with heavy workload from January to April 15th – due to tax season – possibly exceeding 55 hours per week during this period.
LSWG offers competitive compensation and benefits package, and we are eager to welcome individuals who are passionate about their careers and seeking a fulfilling path to partnership. Apply today at the following link and become part of a dynamic team that values your growth, supports work-life balance, and positively impacts the community.
LSWG is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive and diverse workplace. We encourage applications from individuals of all backgrounds and experiences.