LSWG is seeking a Client Accounting Services (CAS) staff accountant to serve our business clients. A minimum of one-years’ experience with QuickBooks Online, payroll processing, preparation of payroll tax returns, 1099s, bank reconciliations, and full-charge bookkeeping is required. People skills are essential to this position.
LSWG, mid-Maryland’s premier tax, audit, accounting and consulting firm, is seeking a highly motivated Client Accounting Services (CAS) staff accountant to join our team.
LSWG is a professional, but flexible, workplace which offers unlimited room for growth through ongoing professional training. We are committed to the community in which we serve and actively encourage our employees to engage in public service initiatives that inspire them.
A CAS Staff Accountant meets the needs of our clients for basic accounting services. Members of the CAS Department generally have extensive experience and/or education which qualify them to perform these services.
Essential Functions of the CAS Staff Accountant:
- Records transactions in ledgers, prepares trial balances and simple financial statements using computer software program.
- Posts transactions that result in accurate financial statements.
- Prepares bank reconciliations.
- Prepares payroll, quarterly and year end payroll tax filings.
- Prepares sales or other local tax and certain personal income tax returns.
- Reconciles accounts to control accounts.
- Performs schedule computations of accruals, property and equipment, and calculates depreciation expense.
- Assists in proofing financial statements, tax returns, and other documents.
- Performs other accounting, and tax duties as needed in engagements and as assigned by supervisory personnel.
- May be given Staff I level responsibilities of preparing tax returns.
- May be required to perform all phases of an engagement including report writing and tax return preparation.
- Actively participates in firm marketing and business development.
- Such other duties as may be assigned.
- Frequent same day travel for work at client’s offices, meeting, and seminars using a personal vehicle.
- Overtime work required throughout the year. Heavy overtime work required from January to April 15.
Education, Experience and Skills Required:
- Associate’s degree in accounting or similar, and/or extensive experience providing basic accounting services.
- Proficiency with computerized accounting and, spreadsheet software programs, specifically QuickBooks Online and Excel.
- Organized, detail-oriented with solid verbal and written communication skills and the ability to manage multiple concurrent projects.