Join LSWG, mid-Maryland’s premier tax, audit, accounting, and consulting firm, as a highly motivated and talented CAS Staff Accountant. This position offers an exciting partner-track opportunity for the right individual.
At LSWG, we are dedicated to providing quality and proactive accounting, audit, tax planning and preparation, financial and business advisory services to our clients.
Our core values include:
- Client Value: We prioritize delivering services and results that are valued above our fees, helping our clients achieve their goals.
- Team Collaboration: We function as an organized team, harnessing the collective expertise and experience of our staff to address the specific needs of each client.
- Long-Lasting Relationships: We cultivate and nurture mutually rewarding relationships with our clients, fostering trust and loyalty.
- Employee Growth and Balance: We maintain a culture that promotes personal growth, professional development, and life balance. Our flexible management style and educational assistance support your well-being and career advancement.
- Community Commitment: We proudly serve and support the community that forms the foundation of our firm.
We value the importance of work-life balance and offer a comprehensive benefits package that supports the following:
- Flexible work schedules to accommodate personal needs and obligations.
- Competitive salaries that recognize your talents and contributions.
- Opportunities for advancement, empowering you to grow within the firm.
- Holidays and paid time off to relax and recharge.
- 401(K) salary savings plan with generous employer contributions.
- Health, life, and disability insurance coverage to safeguard your well-being.
- Section 125 Plan, including medical and dependent care reimbursement accounts.
- Paid continuing education to expand your knowledge and stay ahead in your field.
- Reimbursement for professional dues and licenses.
- Tuition reimbursement to support your educational pursuits.
LSWG is deeply committed to the community we serve and actively encourages our employees to engage in volunteering initiatives.
We foster a professional yet proactive workplace culture that provides unlimited room for growth through ongoing professional training.
As a member of our team, you will benefit from:
- Mentoring to guide and support your growth.
- Educational assistance reimbursement allowance to invest in your ongoing education.
- A minimum of 40 hours of paid continuing education annually for each accountant.
- Additional paid time off for accounting staff working towards their CPA certificiation.
- Paid registration costs for the CPA exam.
- Coverage of professional dues, licenses, and memberships in organizations such as MACPA and civic organizations.
Embracing cutting-edge technology, we equip our team with the tools they need to excel. We utilize Microsoft 365 and other industry-specific software and applications, including CCH Axcess™, CCH Prosystem fx® Engagement, QuickBooks®, Sage Accounting, and more. These technologies facilitate seamless collaboration, exceptional client service, and offer flexible work options, including remote work opportunities.
As a CAS Staff Accountant, you will play an important role in meeting our clients’ basic accounting and service needs. Our CAS Department comprises individuals with extensive experience and/or education that qualifies them to perform these essential services, including a minimum of one year’s experience with QuickBooks Online, payroll processing, preparation of payroll tax returns, 1099s, bank reconciliations, and full-charge bookkeeping.
Essential Functions of the CAS Staff Accountant include:
- Record transactions in ledgers and prepare trial balances and simple financial statements using computer software programs.
- Post transactions accurately to generate reliable financial statements.
- Prepare bank reconciliations to ensure accuracy and integrity of financial data.
- Process payroll and handle quarterly and year-end payroll tax filings.
- Prepare necessary documentation for 1099s, sales tax, local tax, and certain personal income tax returns.
- Reconcile accounts to control accounts for accurate financial reporting.
- Perform schedule computations for accruals, property and equipment, and calculate depreciation expenses.
- Assist in proofing financial statements, tax returns, and other documents for quality control.
- Undertake other accounting and tax duties as needed in engagements and as assigned by supervisory personnel.
- May be responsible for preparing tax returns at the Staff I level.
- May be required to perform all phases of an engagement, including report writing and tax return preparation.
- Actively participate in firm marketing and business development initiatives.
- Perform any other duties as assigned.
- Frequent same-day travel may be required to work at client offices, attend meetings, and seminars using a personal vehicle.
- Overtime work required throughout the year, with heavy workload from January to April 15th – due to tax season – possibly exceeding 55 hours per week during this period.
Education, Experience and Skills Required:
- Associate’s degree in accounting or similar field and/or extensive experience providing basic accounting services.
- Proficiency in computerized accounting and spreadsheet software programs, specifically QuickBooks Online and Excel.
LSWG offers competitive compensation and benefits package, and we are eager to welcome individuals who are passionate about their careers and seeking a fulfilling path to partnership. Apply today at the following link and become part of a dynamic team that values your growth, supports work-life balance, and positively impacts the community.
LSWG is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive and diverse workplace. We encourage applications from individuals of all backgrounds and experiences.