Are you looking for an opportunity to start your career in public accounting? LSWG is always looking for dynamic individuals to join our rapidly expanding firm. If you are highly organized, detail-oriented, and possess solid communication skills, we want to hear from you. Bachelor’s degree in accounting required. Experience with CCH Engagement® and Axcess® a plus.
LSWG, mid-Maryland’s premier tax, audit, accounting and consulting firm, seeks highly motivated staff accountants to join our team.
LSWG is a professional, but flexible, workplace which offers unlimited room for growth through ongoing professional training. We are committed to the community in which we serve and actively encourage our employees to engage in public service initiatives that inspire them.
Staff accountants are given a wide variety of diversified accounting and tax assignments under the supervision of different professionals.
Essential Functions of the staff accountant:
- Records transactions in ledgers, prepares trial balances and simple financial statements using computer software program.
- Reconciles accounts to control accounts.
- Performs schedule computations of accruals, property and equipment, and calculates depreciation expense.
- Performs audit or review procedures as assigned by supervisors.
- Prepares payroll tax, sales or other local tax and certain personal income tax returns.
- Assists in proofing financial statements, tax returns, and other documents.
- Performs other accounting, auditing and tax duties as needed in engagements and as assigned by supervisory personnel.
- May be given senior level responsibilities of planning and scheduling engagements.
- May be required to perform all phases of an engagement including report writing and tax return preparation.
- May supervise other staff accountants.
- Actively markets the firm by: joining and actively participating in civic organizations; attending firm-sponsored seminars, writing articles for publication and recognizing the potential for additional client services an reporting opportunities to the in-charge principal.
- Such other duties as may be assigned.
- Frequent same day travel for work at client’s offices, meeting, and seminars using a personal vehicle.
- Occasional out-of-town travel with overnight stay for work at clients, meetings, or seminars using a personal vehicle.
- Occasional overtime work required throughout the year. Heavy overtime work required from January to April 15; may be in excess of 55 hours per week.
Education, Experience and Skills Required:
- Bachelor or Master’s degree in accounting.
- Proficiency with computer, spreadsheet software program, and calculator.
- Well-rounded knowledge of accounting principles and personal income taxes.
- Hold either a current and valid certified public accountant’s license, or be working toward obtaining the license by taking and passing the applicable state CPA exam.
- Organized, detail-oriented with solid verbal and written communication skills and the ability to manage multiple concurrent projects.