Ideal candidate for this position will have 3+ years of tax preparation experience, strong technical ability, be highly organized, detail-oriented, with solid communication skills, and an ability to manage multiple concurrent tax engagements with a minimum of assistance. CPA preferred. Experience with CCH Engagement® and Axcess® a plus.
LSWG, mid-Maryland’s premier tax, audit, accounting and consulting firm, is seeking a highly motivated, experienced senior tax accountant/tax supervisor to join our team.
LSWG is a professional, but flexible, workplace which offers unlimited room for growth through ongoing professional training. We are committed to the community in which we serve and actively encourage our employees to engage in public service initiatives that inspire them.
The Senior Tax Accountant/Tax Supervisor are key positions in the firm’s tax department that offer growth potential that leads to specialization and career advancement. They require solid technical knowledge of accounting and tax code and regulations, critical and independent thinking skills, and the ability to work with a minimum of assistance.
Essential Functions of Senior/Supervisor Tax Accountant:
- Prepares a variety of personal and business tax returns of varying complexity.
- Performs other diversified tax assignments.
- Demonstrates competency in technical skills, work quality and application of professional and firm standards.
- Consistently meets time constraints and client deadlines.
- Directs and instructs assistants, where applicable, in work to be performed and in work paper review.
- Identifies and suggests client tax planning ideas to manager or principal.
- Actively cultivates potential client resources and promotes the firm.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting.
- Active/valid certified public accountant’s license (for the supervisor position).
- At least 3 years’ experience in public accounting demonstrating a progression in complexity of tax preparation and a firm grasp of tax code and regulations.
- Three plus years in public accounting preparing tax returns
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Detail oriented
- High ethical standards
- Desire to grow within LSWG to partner role
- Enthusiasm to contribute socially in a vibrant team environment
- Experience with CCH Axcess®
- Occasional travel for work at client’s offices, meetings, and seminars using a personal vehicle.
- Overtime work required throughout the year. Heavy overtime work may be required from January to April 15.