Join LSWG, mid-Maryland’s premier tax, audit, accounting, and consulting firm, as a highly motivated and talented Senior/Supervisor Tax Accountant.
At LSWG, we are dedicated to providing quality and proactive accounting, audit, tax planning and preparation, financial and business advisory services to our clients.
Our core values include:
- Client Value: We prioritize delivering services and results that are valued above our fees, helping our clients achieve their goals.
- Team Collaboration: We function as an organization team, harnessing the collective expertise and experience of our staff to address the specific needs of each client.
- Long-Lasting Relationships: We cultivate and nurture mutually rewarding relationships with our clients, fostering trust and loyalty.
- Employee Growth and Balance: We maintain a culture that promotes personal growth, professional development, and life balance. Our flexible management style and educational assistance support your well-being and career advancement.
- Community Commitment: We proudly serve and support the community that forms the foundation of our firm.
We value the importance of work-life balance and offer a comprehensive benefits package that supports this:
- Flexible work schedules to accommodate personal needs and obligations.
- Competitive salaries that recognize your talent and contributions.
- Opportunities for advancement, empowering you to grow within the firm.
- Holidays and paid time off to relax and recharge.
- 401(k) salary savings plan with generous employer contributions.
- Health, life, and disability insurance coverage to safeguard your well-being.
- Section 125 Plan, including medical and dependent care reimbursement accounts.
- Paid continuing education to expand your knowledge and stay ahead in your field.
- Reimbursement for professional dues and licenses.
- Tuition reimbursement to support your educational pursuits.
LSWG is deeply committed to the community we serve and actively encourages our employees to engage in volunteering initiatives.
We foster a professional yet flexible workplace culture that provides unlimited room for growth through ongoing professional training.
As a member of our team, you’ll benefit from:
- Mentoring to guide and support your growth.
- Educational assistance reimbursement allowance to invest in your ongoing education.
- A minimum of 40 hours of paid continuing education annually for each accountant.
- Paid registration costs for the CPA exam.
- Coverage of professional dues, licenses, and memberships in organizations such as MACPA and civic organizations.
Embracing cutting-edge technology, we equip our team with the tools they need to excel. We utilize Microsoft 365 and other industry-specific software and applications, including CCH Axcess™, CCH Prosystem fx® Engagement, QuickBooks®, Sage Accounting, and more. These technologies facilitate seamless collaboration, exceptional client service, and offer flexible work options, including remote work opportunities.
We are looking for a motivated and experienced Senior Tax Accountant/Tax Supervisor to join our team. As a Senior Tax Accountant/Tax Supervisor, you will play a pivotal role in our tax department, with significant growth potential leading to specialization and career advancement. We are looking for candidates who possess solid technical knowledge of accounting and tax codes and regulations, coupled with critical thinking skills and the ability to work independently with minimal assistance.
Essential Functions of the Senior/Supervisor Tax Accountant:
- Prepare a variety of personal and business tax returns of varying complexity.
- Handle diversified tax assignments with precision and attention to detail.
- Demonstrate expertise in technical skills, consistently applying professional and firm standards.
- Meet time constraints and client deadlines reliably.
- Direct and provide guidance to assistants, ensuring the accuracy and quality of work papers.
- Identify and propose client tax planning ideas to managers or principals.
- Actively cultivate potential client resources and contribute to firm promotion.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting.
- Active and valid Certified Public Accountant (CPA) license (for the supervisor position).
- A minimum of three years of experience in public accounting, showcasing a progression in tax preparation complexity and a strong grasp of tax codes and regulations.
- Possesses at least three years in public accounting, specializing in tax return preparation.
- Demonstrates excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Pays meticulous attention to detail.
- Upholds high ethical standards.
- Exhibits desire to grow within LSWG, aiming for a partner role.
- Brings enthusiasm to contribute socially in a vibrant team environment.
- Experience with CCH Axcess® is a plus.
- Occasional travel may be required for work at client’s offices, meetings, and seminars, using a personal vehicle.
- Overtime work required throughout the year, with heavy workload from January to April 15th – due to tax season – possibly exceeding 55 hours per week during this period.
Join LSWG and become part of a team that values your expertise, supports your growth, and provides a vibrant work environment.
LSWG is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive and diverse workplace. We encourage applications from individuals of all backgrounds and experiences.