“As an audit principal, I work closely with clients to understand their business and develop methods for better controls and improved efficiency. The audit is more than an opinion of the financial statements; it is an opportunity to provide value to our clients.”
Barbara joined the audit department in LSWG’s Frederick office in 2002 bringing with her over eight years of experience in public accounting. She specializes in governmental accounting and auditing and currently manages many of the firm’s nonprofit audits. She works closely with a diverse client base, including local and county entities, nonprofit organizations, educational institutions, and employee benefit plans.
Barbara attended Shepherd College, Shepherdstown, WV, where she earned a B.S. degree in accounting in 1992.
Specialized Client Services
- Audit, Review and Compilation
- Business Planning
- 401(k) and Retirement Plan Audits
- Review of Accounting Systems
Professional/Civic Memberships and Activities
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Eastern Panhandle Chapter of the West Virginia Society of Certified Public Accountants, Past-President
- Women’s Giving Circle, Treasurer
- Women’s Business Network of Frederick
Barbara is also a past-president of the Berkeley and Morgan counties, West Virginia, United Way; and served as treasurer of the United Way of Frederick County from 2002 to 2011.