Senior Accountant/Supervisor – Audit
Ideal candidate for this position will have 3+ years of experience, be highly organized, detail-oriented, with solid communication skills, an ability to manage multiple concurrent projects, and a record of excellence in financial statement and internal control audits. CPA preferred. Experience with CCH Engagement® and Axcess® a plus.
LSWG, mid-Maryland’s premier tax, audit, accounting and consulting firm, is seeking a highly motivated, experienced senior accountant/audit supervisor to join our team.
LSWG is a professional, but flexible, workplace which offers unlimited room for growth through ongoing professional training. We are committed to the community in which we serve and actively encourage our employees to engage in public service initiatives that inspire them.
The CPA Supervisor Auditor is a key position in the firm’s audit department that offers growth potential that leads to specialization and career advancement. This position requires solid technical knowledge of accounting and auditing standards, critical and independent thinking skills, and the ability to work with a minimum of assistance, making decisions on all but the most unusual matters. The CPA Supervisor will lead and instruct staff accountants in the work to be performed, review work, and direct revisions.
Essential Functions of the senior accountant/audit supervisor:
- Participates in the planning, scheduling, and staffing of audit and assurance engagements.
- Actively participates in the performance of the engagement and may be the engagement lead.
- Ability to assess engagement risks and make decisions using materiality considerations.
- Ability to conduct research on technical accounting and work directly with partner to implement standards.
- Demonstrates competency in technical skills, work quality, and application of professional and firm standards.
- Manages multiple engagements concurrently.
- Consistently meets time constraints and client deadlines
- Maintains client relationships
- Directs and instructs staff accountants, where applicable, in work to be performed and in work review
- Trains and evaluates staff accountants
- Actively cultivates potential client resources and promotes the firm
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting
- Active/valid certified public accountant’s license
- Three plus years in public accounting performing audit and assurance engagements
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Can work independently and detail oriented
- High ethical standards
- Desire to grow within LSWG to partner role
- Enthusiasm to contribute socially in a vibrant team environment
- Experience with CCH Axcess® and Engagement® a plus.